- April 28, 2017
It’s normal to want to look your best. Sure, it can be vain if you just want to look better than everyone else, but that’s much different than trying to not look bad. And if you hate the way your smile looks, that just means you want to stop feeling embarrassed when you smile. At our Sterling Heights, MI dental office, we have many different cosmetic dentistry treatments to help you get a smile you want. So, what do you need to feel confident about smiling again?
- Change the color of your smile: It’s no fun looking in the mirror and seeing a set of dull, dingy, or even yellow teeth. And when you realize that others see those stained teeth when you talk and smile, no fun quickly becomes embarrassment and fear. Why do your teeth get so discolored? Lots of food and drink (such as coffee, curry, and even tomato sauce) leave behind tiny stains in your enamel. At first, it’s no big deal. Over time, it really adds up in a bad way. To correct this, we offer several kinds of teeth whitening treatments such as Zoom! and take-home trays.
- Change the shape of your smile: A crooked smile might look cute in a child, but in adults, it’s just plain awful. If your smile is misaligned or if a few teeth stick out at odd angles, we have a powerful orthodontic treatment that’s also very discreet: Invisalign. These “invisible braces” use clear plastic trays that fit right over your teeth. You get new ones every few weeks, and since each set is shaped just a bit differently, you slowly but surely shift your teeth into their proper places. Best of all, because they are clear, they are almost impossible to notice when worn.
- Cover ugly spots: The enamel on your teeth is very durable and can usually withstand a lot of pressure. But it’s not diamond-hard, so it can get chipped or cracked. Then there are craze lines, which are natural but dark grooves in the enamel. Both can make your smile look horrible, which is why we offer two treatments at our Sterling Heights, MI office that can help. Tooth bonding uses a special resin material, similar to what we use for our tooth-colored fillings. Dr. Ardelean carefully places a thin layer of the resin on the front of your teeth. Once smoothed out, it fills in any imperfections and makes your teeth look beautiful. Tooth contouring is a simple procedure where Dr. Ardelean carefully removes a thin bit of enamel from your teeth to smooth out any chips or dents.
- Do something about that missing tooth: Can you imagine people seeing your smile and wondering if you had some kind of horrible accident? If you are missing teeth, then you know exactly what that feels like. Besides, that gap in your smile can increase your risk of gum disease and contributes to bone loss. If you’re missing just a single tooth, our dental bridges and dental implants can fill that space with a beautiful but functional tooth. And if you’re missing more than one, we can use dentures (full or partial) and All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants. With any of these treatments, you can get people wondering how your smile looks so healthy.
- Make your teeth look longer or shorter: Some people have gums that either cover too much of their teeth (making those teeth look strangely small) or that have begun to pull away from the teeth (making them look too big). With our gum reshaping treatments, we can fix both. If you have a gummy smile, Dr. Ardelean can use a special dental laser to carefully remove the excess gum tissue and give you a better-looking smile. And if the problem is receding gums, we can graft gum tissue over the roots of your teeth to keep them healthy and good looking.
- Do lots of stuff NOW: Some of these treatments can take a few visits before being finished and ready to wow your friends and family. If you want to make your smile look incredible but don’t want to wait, we can help. Our Snap-On Smile fits right over your existing teeth, instantly transforming your smile. For a stronger, more permanent solution, our Lumineers prepless dental veneers can be bonded to the front of your teeth, covering over any imperfections and making your smile look its best.
Living with a smile you hate is like wearing an ugly outfit that you can’t take off. However, with our cosmetic dentistry treatments, we can reinvent your smile and help you feel like showing it to the world. If you have any questions about our cosmetic dentistry, or if you are ready to make your next appointment, call us today at 586-739-1111.